CDC has a history of getting it wrong with personal protective equipment right when we need them to get it right. Remember Ebola? CDC published the wrong PPE protocol on their website, leading to infection of two nurses from Texas.
Now, AMERICA IS WAKING UP to the fact that they either were lied to, or are being lied to about masks-for-all. Which is it? Perhaps both.
CDC’s initial position on whether the public should wear masks was a resounding “No”. In March, U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams explains why the CDC and WHO do not recommend the general public wear masks and how doing so could increase your virus risk. (see video from Fox News here).
Marketwatch covered this reporting that “people shouldn’t wear face masks to prevent the spread of the infectious illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. surgeon general”
“STOP BUYING MASKS”
US Surgeon General Jerome Adams tweeted these words in February –
The mercurial Dr. Anthony Fauci, who seems to have changed his position on every detail about COVID19, including the utility of a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (which even he says may not be the answer), said that said that masks only made people feel better but were pretty much pointless.
Fast forward to now, and Fauci says changed his tune:
From Town Hall: “We were concerned the public health community, and many people were saying this, were concerned that it was at a time when personal protective equipment, including the N95 masks and the surgical masks, were in very short supply,” Fauci told The Street.
But – and this is a huge BUT – the public health community (and the medical community) do not wear cloth masks. They wear surgical masks, or, in some cases, N95 masks – for 15-20 minutes at a time. From something like COVID19, they wear LAYERS of masks and faceshield.
CDC recommends cloth masks, not surgical masks, not N95. Cloth masks. Actually, Cloth “face coverings“.
Fauci, CDC, and HHS in general have offered nothing but a whirlwind of vague, imprecise and unclear positions. It makes one wonder…
What is very clear (#ScienceSays) that cloth masks do not prevent transmission of viruses. In fact, they may increase transmission. The new excuse? They are supposed to prevent droplet transmission. Fine. But what about the narrative that Coronavirus is airborne? Here, hundreds of scientists say that coronavirus is airborne (Reuters).
It’s almost as if Fauci does not really care what the reality is, or that he is content to allow social strife, mutual distrust to foment among the public until he and Moderna fly in with the vaccine and save the world.
The Risks of Mask-Wearing
- Cloth masks can increase, not decrease, the risk of infection (including from the Coronavirus).
- In this study, researchers found that people have 3x the risk of developing a respiratory illness if they wear a mask. In the first randomized clinical trial on the effects of cloth masks, scientists reported that “the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection”
- Additionally, Dr. Jenny Harries, UK’s Deputy Chief Medical Officer has warned that it was not a good idea for the public to wear facemasks as the virus can get trapped in the material and causes infection when the wearer breathes in.
- Wearing masks increases your CO2 blood oxygen level to unsafe levels.
- In a live online demonstration, Del Bigtree of the Highwire measured his son’s CO2 levels while wearing different types of masks. In the video, you can see the CO2 levels in this young man shoot past 5,000 ppm. Click here to watch the video or read the details here on The FedUp Democrat.
- Here, the Guardian reviews the risks of high carbon dioxide levels. https://bit.ly/GuardianRisksOfHighC02
- In 2018, California public health official Peter Beilenson released a statement advising people to not wear N95 masks because they carry the risk of forcing people to “rebreathe” their own CO2.
- As the temperatures increase, overheating while wearing a mask is a real risk. See this article.
- Here, an OSHA trainer and PPE expert explains the risks and ineffectiveness of long-term mask wearing.
The Fauci Question: What Else Are We Be Lied To About?
CDC represents a report from data from South Korea as supporting that children should not return to school, or worse: they should return to school and be forced to wear masks. In yesterday’s episode of Unbreaking Science, I predicted that no school room will filled with kids wearing masks all day.
In part because the CDC report actually shows that children aged 0 to 10 years old account for <1% of of all new cases of COVID19 – and kids aged 11 to 20 years old ALSO account for <1% of all new cases of COVID19. We’re even told that children will not likely be candidates for COVID19 vaccination because they have near zero risk of serious illness, death and do not transmit the virus.
Why are we burdening our children w/disrupted education – our entire next generation – when they are clearly not high-risk tranmitters, and they do not get sick?
There is no reason to expect mass masking to have any real effect. In a memo, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, reported that even in the best case, with medical masks which prevent 40 percent of infections, 200,000 people would have to wear them to prevent just one new infection per week. They concluded that the likely negative impacts outweighed any benefits “in the current epidemiological situation“.
This does not add up. None of it.
It’s beginning to look that the agenda is to hold parents hostage w/their kids being forced to either stay at home and home school/distance learning, or send their kids to school to wear masks all day.
Until Fauci gets his damned vaccine.
America, ask yourself.
Is CDC having us all wearing masks – cloth masks – to increase transmission so Fauci can get his damned vaccine?
Some of the links and facts in this article come from a collaborative effort known as Millions Against Mandates (mamm.org). Please consider joining.
BONUS – As usual, Del Bigtree and the Highwire Team was ahead of the curve weeks ago. Watch Del interview Denis Rancourt:
Problem now is over the last several months there are mountains of incredibly mixed messages. Bottom line: People need to do what works for them.
Del has been booted off youtube and facebook.
We have a mask mandate in Vermont, as of August 1st. This, after only 57 people in the state, have allegedly died of Covid in the last 6 months.
The message that masks-for-all sends to me is that masks don’t work.
Divide the world into 2 groups—those who are at more at risk for the virus and an undesirable outcome, and those who are asymptomatic and who present healthy (all of us Typhoid Marys, until proven otherwise).
The first group wears masks to protect themselves. The second group is asked to wear masks in order to also protect the first group. That can only mean that the masks that the first group is wearing offer little to no protection, right? And thus, no masks offer any protection.