Author’s Note: This article got me banned from authoring on DailyKos. Which is really sad: I had long respected to Kos as a source of free-thought articles. I reproduce it here, with the comments from those policing the site for articles, comments, and readers who want to share the truth about the 1,000’s of research studies showing that vaccines can cause autism in some people. I reproduce it here for fear of them deleting the article, as they wantonly delete comments they do not agree with. Daily Kos is therefore biased, and not an open forum. Agree or disagree with my posts, I approve all comments (except those that say you can make $$$$ working from home, etc.)
A free and open market is a conservative’s dream.Laissez-faire policies mean freedom of markets to explore, and evolve. Competition, the argument goes, drives innovation, and innovation means better goods and services for consumers. The natural checks and balances of supply & demand provide brakes on runaway aggregation of wealth, and all stakeholders – including investors, workers, consumers, producers – can live in a naturally harmonious system. Sure, there are losers, but that’s because there are winners – and the best survive – and this includes individuals in each of these categories.
Unless, of course, the evolution that occurs – and the innovations that occur – by design somehow manages to short-circuit the natural checks & balances that keep the market from ballooning. To make sure that doesn’t happen, and the help the economy get back on its feet, Keynsian mild interventions have been imagined to help sweeten soured economies.
Anti-monopoly policies have been invoked whenever “big business” has overstepped a certain boundary of control. That line in the sand has, traditionally, been recognizable by three features: mass accumulation of wealth, mass accumulation of influence, and the use of that influence to effect even more accumulation of both.
The US Government, acting in the interest of the people, has both a stick, and a carrot, to coerce and cajole the ever unrepentant free market back into a form that resembles a system that honors the egalitarian spirit infused in the very foundations our democracy.
We saw the stick when the industrialist Robber Barons of the last Century were seen to have grown too big for anyone’s comfort. Bell Telephone’s neat monopoly held the American public hostage, and the enforcement of anti-trust laws brought about competition, and, some argue, many of the key innovations in electronics that has led to the information age.
We saw the carrot when with the Great Recession of 2008, when, through the spread of a practice of microabuses led to toxic debt salads, which drew massive cumulative losses of investments tied to banks – and the steady downward spiral of real estate values that resulted threatened to bring America’s banks to their ginormous, too-big-to-fail knees. I actually wrote to then Secretary of State Paulsen on the Friday before his Monday meeting with the banks because I suspected his carrot would not be very sweet. I was right – he forced banks that did not need a bail-out to drink from the Kool-Aid to legitimize the debt. By including winners in with the potential losers, the bail-out could never be said to be a total failure. I even suggested that the Fed loan money to banks in amounts inversely proportionate to the rate at which they were willing to lend to consumers. Because Paulsen did not, there was a 4-5 month lending freeze after the bail-outs.
Fast forward now to 2015. What kind of economy do we have? The biggest of the big businesses, Pharmaceuticals, have figured out a few key strategies similar to both the Robber Barons and to the microabuses of the 2000’s. They pull in profits beyond the comprehension of most Americans – and yet investment is way down. This is an odd combination – profits not driven by investment. Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich attributes this in his new book, Saving Capitalism, to fluctuations in Skill-based technical change (SBTC) economics. As a somewhat insider in biomedicine, biomedical research, and as an inventor of a new type of investment market, I thought I would take a stab at describing how, in today’s American economy, companies like the biggest in Pharma can pull off this hat trick. The key ingredients turn out to be very, very costly:
- Use of Key Opinion Leaders to break the rules on marketing. Key Opinion Leaders are entitled to make whatever claims they care to make, warranted or not by research leading to FDA policy. In my forthcoming book, “Cures vs. Profits: Successes in Translational Research” I describe on particularly egregious abuse of the truth by a Key Opinion Leader who oversaw the destruction of a very promising academic career of a researcher and clinician who first showed — in 1995 — that ADHD was overdiagnosed. Nothing is beyond the pale for some Key Opinion Leaders. They are recognized as such by Pharmaceutical companies, by the way, not by some egalitarian process of being vetted by one’s peers. It seems at times that the only qualification required for being a Key Opinion Leader is being willing to stretch, bend, ignore, hide, and obfuscate the truth.
- Abuse of Off-Label Prescriptions. The use of one drug for another ailment is allowed. Off-label prescriptions use has led to the widespread use of drugs such as Ritalyn and Adderall to “treat” ADHD – that’s right – their use in these capacities are not based on FDA-approval after clinical trials showing long-term safety or efficacy. The topic of ADHD overdiagnosis takes up nearly ¼ of “Cures”, and a good portion of it describes the drugging of our elderly in nursing homes, and what one nurse has done to end inappropriate treatment of that population not just off-label, but without the legally required script.
- Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Marketing. Manipulation of demand and supply means complete market ownership by the producers. Pharma invents new diseases and hammers away at consumer’s minds with propaganda on how better their lives will be if they tell their doctors. Flowery music and attractive people smiling are used to sedate the mind as we are informed of the deadly side effects of ineffective drugs we do not need for conditions that do not exist.
- Ownership of the Legislative Branch of Government. Limits on campaign donations kept corporations at bay. Now the Office typically goes to the highest bidder. Not a single other Congressman acted on Rep. Bill Posey’s very public deposition of CDC Whistleblower Dr. William Thompsons’ confessions that he and others at the CDC committed fraud in numerous studies on the link between vaccines and autism. This topic is explored in depth in “Cures”, and more thoroughly, with the nearly complete transcripts of the recordings of Dr. Thompson’s revelations, in the book “Vaccine Whistleblower: Exposing Autism Fraud at the CDC” (Skyhorse Publishing).
- Ownership of the Media. No media outlet has touched the CDC Whistleblower story for fear of losing their #1 source of marketing revenue. The exception is Ben Swann. The Altermedia has done amuch more thorough job of covering the story.
- The Utter Corruption of Government Regulatory Agencies. I used to absolutely bristle (and still do) at the idea that a Senator or Congressman could, after working for years to arrange a long-term, immense no-bid contract with a defense industry corporation then depart public service to a cushy job at the same corporation they helped make rich. The US FDA and the US CDC were both founded to protect the people of the United States from ineffective and unsafe treatments (US FDA) and from serious, life-threatening diseases (US CDC). It has been said that there is a “revolving door” between Pharma, the US FDA and the US CDC: the same post-government ‘rewards’ await those in the CDC who have worked to insure bewildering economic success. The current push for complete vaccination is completely unnecessary from a public health perspective. While vaccines must be updated to keep up with evolution (#ebolaevolves), herd immunity already exists for most childhood diseases – and, when and where it does not, these childhood diseases are rarely life-threatening. The only thing that 100% vaccination can accomplish is higher revenues for Pharma. If you’re reading this, and you’re an American citizen, you “know” that there is “no link” between vaccines and autism. Ask yourself why you believe that. Then actually look into the research studies that have been done that find “no link”. I assure you, especially in light of Dr. Thompson’s findings, there is something rotten in Denmark (Insiders, allow yourself that chuckle. It’s been a long fight, forgive my levity). I’ve pitched on this topic elsewhere. For now, I’m content to say that there is a dire need to rapidly identify biomarkers of susceptibility to neurotoxins in vaccines, thimerosalmust be completely abandoned for all vaccines, including those we ship overseas, and that vaccines must be formulated without aluminum adjuvant (e.g., with Virus-Like Particles).
- Ergo, Corrupted Policies and Codified Corruption. It goes without saying that #6 leads to #7. However, the corrupted policies now include some well worth mentioning: the FDA will now approve drugs that are nearly as good as (i.e., slightly worse than) available treatments (as opposed to requiring that newer drugs are demonstrably superior). And the requirement of long-term efficacy & safety studies is all but ignored, without repercussion. The conscription of law-making via corporate donations means that the voices of American citizens are drowned out by dollars. We must fix this and limit campaign donations once more.
- Communicating to Fix Prices Through the Market. Milton Friedman held the position that monopoly mattered only to the extent that actual market behavior varied from the predictions of simple supply-and-demand analysis. Drug prices are priced on what the market will bear, not in a manner designed to compete. I review this problem thoroughly in the Preface of “Cures”. This occurs when one believes that the way to compete is not to sell more units via superior product or by competitive pricing, but instead, to make more money by any means necessary. When they enter a market with a new drug, they price it based on what the market will bear — not in a manner designed to outdo their competition. The result is runaway price increases — effective price-fixing, per product. It’s really enough to piss one off.
- They Own the Judicial Branch of Government. Litigation for vaccine-induced injuries, including neurological injuries that lead to a diagnosis of autism, are restricted to an “Office of Special Masters” “Vaccine Court”, a special federal court in which settlements for injuries are not paid by Pharma, but rather from an aggregate fund from a small tax collected on each and every vaccine. Pharma therefore has no concern over liability for damages done to the population. Findings of vaccine-induced autism are rare – and the tortuous logic used by the Special Masters to justify their findings of damages for symptoms of autism, but not autism itself, is ludicrous. There is a year-long waiting list and a statute of limitations on vaccine injuries — these two factors must change.
Pharma’s success in all of these areas has rendered our American democracy into nothing less than an overtly fascist (corporatist) state. The silence of Congressional Representatives and the media are particularly egregious. Pharma is now writing laws that allow them to do things that the FDA even as late as 2010 would never let them get away with. I shudder to think that I may have had something to do with their boldness. In “Cures”, I recount how I once told, in plenary session, a hundred or so Pharma CEO’s, CIO’s, and Pharma research scientists to ‘fire their current lawyers, or make them your lobbyists’ in reference to seeking legal, temporary monopoly for discovered cancer prophylaxes and treatments in naturally occurring compounds due to their reluctance to enter the market with naturally occurring compounds.
I’ll say it first: we no longer live in a democracy. We live in a fascist Pharmatopic Republic.
The saddest part about living in this fascist state is that most people in America are not even aware of this new reality. In fact, in the public shaming of those who want safe vaccines, the American public is an unwitting victim of mass propaganda – and those doing the shaming are analogous to jack-booted thugs. Those in the blogosphere resort immediately to ad-hominem attacks at the first hint of logic and rational discourse (see comments, below). Even asking a question on vaccine safety makes one suddenly “anti-vax”. (Disclosure: Both of my sons are fully vaccinated. I draw the line at HPV.)
The ‘party-line’ is black and white: ‘vaccines do not cause autism’. That’s a remarkably rare statement in biomedicine — it claims absolute truthiness — without exception. Such unqualified generalizations are nearly always wrong. The amount of misinformation spewing forth from the US CDC on everything from Ebola to vaccines is astonishing to anyone with slightly more than a passing familiarity with biomedical research. See “Ebola: An Evolving Story” for some jaw-dropping facts about wanton disinformation campaigns from the CDC (no mutations, 99.99% similar to Zaire, both absolutely incorrect), and the disconnect between public health policy and the peer-reviewed research on Ebola. And see the reading lists on aluminum neurotoxicity I have assigned to Dr. Paul Offit, one of the most misleading men in America on the science of vaccine safety. Vaccines do, indeed, lead to encephalopathy, seizures, brain fog, encephalitis, autoimmune disorders and death- sometimes within minutes of administration (see VAERS). It’s time to stop pretending we don’t know this.
We cannot afford the vaccine injuries that are ever-accumulating in severity and number. I will continue to vote, although I doubt that any of the candidates in either party will take on Pharma. Even if they wanted to, I doubt that anyone in the Office of the President of the United States could do anything to change these realities. Bernie Sanders is aware of these issues, and I hope that if he is elected, he will give help those in the Senate and in Congress find the will to come forward and state the obvious: the US government has been overrun by Pharma. These issues, however, remain notably absent from his platform.
I hope all of my academic colleagues who know the truth about the sorry state of vaccine safety research will come out of the shadows, and into the light, and speak their minds. I will continue to work on issues like educating Editors of journals that publish vaccine safety research of the serious misgivings about the studies they have published, in hopes that they may find the need to launch a formal inquiry given the scale and the scope of the impact of vaccines on public health.
To join me in this, you can either donate to the Institute for Pure and Applied Knowledge, or, if you are a scientist or doctor of any kind, consider co-signing the Expression of Concern being mailed to 40 journals that publish vaccine safety research. These 40 journals will also be receiving copies of two books: “Vaccine Whistleblower: Exposing Autism Fraud at the CDC”, and “Thimerosal: Let the Science Speak”, courtesy Skyhorse Publishing and via your donation (to cover shipping & handling).
Don’t get me wrong – I love America. I don’t even mind profit. But it should be fair profit, won honestly by a combination of hard work and ethical economic practices. The American public has been bamboozled by shamwizards (a term I coin in “Cures”), and they have stolen our mantle. The only hope is that enough of us still have sufficient morality, and integrity of character to reinstate a free market. Integrity of character is people doing the right thing, even though it’s the hard thing to do. Doctors must actually study the vaccine safety science, not just ape the talking points of the corrupt CDC. Patients must insist on products that do not contain neurotoxins. School nurses must push back on demands of treating students for ADHD – they must become patient advocates for each and every child for which a script was sought after a diagnosis by teacher or parent. Nurses who know better must push back on mandatory vaccination – and do the doctor’s job of first doing no harm. Psychiatrists must study and apply the exclusionary criteria for children whom they have been referred for a pre-considered diagnosis, and refuse to provide such a diagnosis when exclusionary principles apply. Researchers must follow the logical result that their biomedical studies yield, even when they go against formal policies. The CDC can no longer be trusted with vaccine research – we must wrest it from them and put it in the hands of five research independent academic research organizations – three by lottery and two by competitive contract – so the results are shown to generalize.
There are many players that can make a difference. The question is: will they? Will you?
Any biomedical researcher, medical doctor, health care professional who knows that vaccines with aluminum adjuvant can cause neurotoxicity, and who is aghast at the corruption at the CDC, and the clear violations and breaches of ethics in vaccine safety research (evidenced most clearly via recent whistleblowers from the CDC and Merck), who would like to step forward and be part of the sea change that is needed to put objectivism back into vaccine safety research, please support IPAK (The Institute for Pure and Applied Knowledge), in our first IPAK Issue Focus Fundraiser. We are sending 40 Statements of Concerns to 40 biomedical research journals that have published papers showing no association between vaccine and autism. All journals that have published papers by people named by Dr. William Thompson as complicit in vaccine safety research fraud, and the Office of the Attorney General, are being notified. We are also sending, as part of our Expression of Concern, and courtesy Skyhorse Publishing, one copy each of two books:“Thimerosal: Let the Science Speak” and “Vaccine Whistleblower: Exposing Autism Research Fraud at the CDC” to the Editors and Editors-in Chief of these 40 journals. Editors of journals are compelled to act upon such Statements of Concern. So far, 8 packages have been sent. You can help by signing the Expression of Concern, and by donating to the cause at ipaknowledge.org. If you are a professional, your signature, degree and affiliation will carry much weight.
It’s time to stop acting as though we don’t know about aluminum neurotoxicity, and it’s time we demand advances in research to make vaccines safe.
James Lyons-Weiler, PhD
Institute for Pure and Applied Knowledge is a 501(c)3 Pure Public Charity
Update: As expected, within minutes of this post, the ad hominemattacks by nameless, faceless individuals on my character began. However, there is no need to engage in a shouting match online, and I do not feel compelled to defend my credentials. The CDC’s vaccine safety research program is the thing in question. As I continue to wade through some 1,300 peer-reviewed research studies on autism, I can affirm that the black and white public policies, as stated by the CDC and the party line by medical associations that vaccines do not cause autism are not supported by the breadth of scientific evidence. There are hundreds of research studies that demonstrate serious neurotoxicity of aluminum adjuvant, many dating back into the early 2000’s. The full breadth of that literature, including exciting developments and success in genetic-guided treatments, will be described in my upcoming book, “Genetic and Environmental Causes of Autism”.
Further, I have learned that an increasing number of pediatricians have decided to cease vaccination in autistic children after diagnosis. Due to genetics, individuals with one autistic child are at increased risk of having additional children who develop autism. It is increasingly becoming the opinion that vaccination may therefore be contraindicated in family members of autistic individuals to mitigate risk (medical exemption). This is up to the individual doctor, who can also be informed by genetic and genomic assays, with follow-up biochemical testing to confirm specific disrupted pathways. Individuals may wish to share the literature on aluminum neurotoxicity with their doctor to help them afford their patients with their right to informed consent.
There is nothing special about vaccines that make them implausible as one of many sources of trouble for the brain during early development. Even Dr. DeStefano, subject of an ongoing inquiry at the CDC for potential vaccine research fraud (and cover-up of said fraud), has admitted that vaccines may cause autism in a subset of people. Let’s stop bickering and name-calling and get to the important work of studying ways of using the vast amount of information on genes & proteins involved in autism as biomarkers of risk indicators, and as guides to personalized medicine. Castigation of professionals (and by this I do not mean myself, I mean Pediatricians) who know full well that vaccines cause autism must stop. We must return objectivity to vaccine safety science.
Dec 03 · 10:10:54 AM
Like every crackpot, ever, he claims “he’s not against vaccines, he’s just asking questions — questions about safety.” Do these guys take classes where they are taught that this declaration is a magical charm to ward off all criticism?
And what’s up with ebolapromo-at-gmail.com?
Dec 03 · 11:02:05 AM
And he used to be a decent scientist until he went into this vaccine stuff.
Dec 03 · 01:06:59 PM
Is it illegal to ask questions? One can ask questions about Vioxx, Advair, drug coated stents- but not about vaccines? Why is that?
Dec 05 · 08:15:39 AM
You must be new around here. “I’m only asking questions” is one of the standard tropes by which the anti-vaccine crackpots identify themselves to each other. They are really quite unimaginative, dishing up the same slop over and over and over again.
Another trick they use goes by the handle “dead threading.” They wait until the discussion has died down, then slip in — often several days later — in the hope that they can spew their lies and their poison without being challenged. A pretty cowardly tactic, don’t you agree? If they had a valid point, you would think they would want people to hear it.
Indeed, I just noticed that you signed up today. Good luck and enjoy your stay.
Dec 05 · 02:34:16 PM
Well- what’s the deal? Vioxx, Advair, etc. The credentials of the author are impeccable, the points he makes are valid. Why are you so afraid and angry? There are many countries in Europe where vax rates are 70% or lower- show me the pandemics!
Dec 05 · 03:51:54 PM
If anyone else wanders by here and wonders what’s going on, head down to the very last comments and see for yourself that this user is a full bore textbook anti-vaxxer loon.
As if anyone had any doubts.
Dec 05 · 04:03:45 PM
calling me names doesn’t get the article down…..your conspiracy theory that Daily Kos is anti vaccine is pretty thin gruel. Can you refute one single thing in the article (still up!) above? Anything? BTW- it’s a free country. Go get as many vaccines as you want, get a double or triple dose.
Dec 05 · 04:21:44 PM
That’s even loonier than the rest of what this troll (repeatedly recced by Twyla, who has 74 comments, each and every one consisting of anti-vax CT) has said … the notion that this diary is a “Daily Kos article”, which he says elsewhere has been “vetted”.
Dec 05 · 11:11:27 PM
Good set-up, and then falls into anti-Vaxx conspiracy BS. What a waste of time!
Dec 03 · 01:56:13 PM
I was actually tempted to buy the book until I got to that part. Herd immunity is permanent, right?
Dec 03 · 04:13:50 PM
Well, that’s what I herd!
Dec 03 · 04:26:59 PM
do you have anything double blind, placebo controlled on “herd immunity?” You know of course that vaccination is voluntary in Western Europe- some countries are way down in the 60’s and 70’s percent… no epidemics. In the US- most people over 30 are not immunized against measles or pertussis due to vaccine waning…. where are the outbreaks?
Dec 05 · 04:24:17 PM
DK does not post CT nonsense. This article was vetted, edited and published. Deal with it.
Dec 05 · 08:16:13 AM
This now-banned troll’s nutty logic is a new one to me. Troll diaries posted at DKos are “vetted”? Who knew …
Dec 05 · 10:40:43 PM
Frankly, I think its hilarious.
Dec 05 · 10:57:13 PM
here is the author’s cv- pretty damn impressive. Can you comment on the data in his post, where is he wrong specifically? http://jameslyonsweiler.com/author-and-research-scientist-james-lyons-weiler-phd-extended-biography/
Dec 05 · 03:54:41 PM
And here’s your CV:
Can you comment on this?
Why no, no you can’t.
Dec 06 · 12:01:06 AM
And when you go to the site, the biggest thing there is a donation link. Can it get more scammy than that? (That was a rhetorical question, but will probably be answered anyway, sad to say).
Dec 03 · 01:57:57 PM
And if it hadn’t been thoroughly flagged for being anti-vax, I’d call it out for Spam, too. Available for speaking engagements, is he?
Dec 03 · 04:46:07 PM
In your mind why is it this article ant vaxx?
Dec 05 · 08:17:00 AM
Anti-vaxx anti-science CT trash.
Your unqualified generalization is certainly wrong, Mr. Irony.
Dec 03 · 09:50:43 PM
Yet the article is there! Right above for you to read and re-read! Just as is the CBS News piece on Bernadine Healy from 2008, as are numerous news articles on the same topic. You might also want to start accusing The Hill as being anti vax conspiracy nuts, because their October 21 2015 article featuring Dr. William Thompson is also still up. Lot of players in your “anti vax” ct, eh? How do you keep track of all of them?
Dec 05 · 08:27:15 AM
Hannah Poling. Bailey Banks.
Dec 05 · 01:36:48 PM
The comments from the latest anti-vax CT troll aren’t worth responding to.
Dec 05 · 10:29:15 PM
Excellent article – thank you, Dr. Lyons-Weiler!
Dec 04 · 01:47:56 AM
You’re not even kidding, are you. This is anti-vax CT trash.
Dec 04 · 04:14:35 AM
No, not kidding.
Dec 05 · 03:54:16 AM
You’re a bit slow, aren’t you … see my comment below. Your every single comment here at DKos has been anti-vax CT … about which you have lied, saying that you aren’t anti-vax. You’re a bannable troll, but I won’t waste any more of my time on you.
Dec 05 · 04:14:40 AM
The article from Daily Kos is right up there- take another long, careful look at it. Now, call out The Daily Kos as an anti vaccine conspriacy website. Go ahead. Make my quarter of a century.
Dec 05 · 08:23:48 AM
The article isn’t “from Daily Kos”, you silly anti-vax CT troll.
Dec 05 · 10:31:14 PM
Say, did you invite your friends John Mayer2 and Isolabella here to sock for you? They’re both now banned … your time will come.
Dec 05 · 10:35:11 PM
From your comment history I see that you’re an anti-vax CT spammer. Not sure how you have survived, but please do post more so you can get yourself banned.
Dec 04 · 04:17:24 AM
This article is a load of unsupportable fantasy.
Dec 04 · 03:28:27 AM
how many bounce backs do you get after walloping a kid with three or nine vax in one visit? Do you even note vax status when a kid you whacked up earlier in the day comes back convulsing, febrile, seizing? Of course you don’t. Because you don’t know shit about vaccine injury, you just proved it. Stay away from my kids.
Dec 05 · 01:31:15 PM
There so many lies, misinformation, logical fallacies and downright ignorance in this article I had to take 14 Big Pharma drugs just to calm down.
But let’s debunk the nonsense in Point #6. Only 1 in 5000 potential drugs discovered by Pharmaceutical companies, and about 12-13% of drugs that enter clinical trials ever get approved by the FDA. It’s the same with drug regulatory agencies in the EU, Japan, and other countries.
Oh, and there’s Point 9, They Own the Judicial Branch of Government. Oh that’s a good one. Citations please? Oh you’re like one of those conspiracy theorists like the Republicans have.
You’re just a science denier who, using boatloads of verbiage, to show off your ignorance. Good job. My diary uses real science with real citations. You ought to read that, and it should advance the education of the science deniers by quite a bit.
Dec 05 · 12:52:52 PM
at least your pill popping keeps your hands steady. Also explains why you are so checked out from reality. Look! The article! Still up, still vetted and fact checked by Daily Koz! WTF?????
Dec 05 · 01:28:55 PM
I must say, you are especially stupid even for a vaxxer — which is really quite an accomplishment.
Dec 05 · 02:42:38 PM
how do you know how stupid I am or not? The same way you know the highly credentialed author of this article is anti vaccine? I can say with certainty that you are a person who jumps to ill informed conclusions so I would be hesitant to believe any single thing you write. Perhaps if you ratchet up your rhetoric.
Try shaking your cane at The Daily Kos. The article is still up, getting lots of play on FB. I sure hope all those medical journals do review the complaint he sends out. I donated, I’m thinking about going in big. Seems like a worthy cause.
Dec 05 · 04:04:23 PM
I know that you are stupid, and spectacularly so, because you actually signed up here to write “The article! Still up, still vetted and fact checked by Daily Koz!”
Silly person, the presence of a diary does not imply that it was vetted and fact checked by the administration — that is not how things work around here. The fact that the tip jar was hidden (something else you don’t understand) is the “tip” that your poisonous nonsense was decisively rejected by the community.
Begone, poisonous anti-science scumbag! Go peddle your lies to the stupid and the gullible, you might have a chance there.
Dec 05 · 04:14:53 PM
No, I don’t know anything about a tip jar, but I can see with my own eyes that this article is posted on The Daily Koz. I do not usually read this site at all, however the piece (still up!- comes up in search engines) makes some very good points which you have not even attempted to refute. For example- why do we need a Vaccine Injury Act if vaccines could withstand the same legal standards that all other medical products and procedures. I have to conclude that without the VICP, the vaccine industry would be much different.
Dec 05 · 04:29:34 PM
Silly troll has no idea where he is.
Dec 05 · 11:21:21 PM
Oh well, the conspiracy theorist author of this blog was banned by DK. Excellent news.
Dec 05 · 01:05:39 PM
yet the article is still up! fascinating!
Dec 05 · 01:26:09 PM
As are many of your idiot comments, even though you have already been unceremoniously booted off the“Daily Koz”. Fascinating!!
Dec 06 · 12:18:52 AM
The conspiracy theory against vaccines expands, eh? Now, The Hill http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/257581-house-republican-resurfaces-claims-of-cdc-vaccine-cover-up is involved as well?
Thanks for again mentioning Dr. Thompson- here is the original news release: http://www.morganverkamp.com/august-27-2014-press-release-statement-of-william-w-thompson-ph-d-regarding-the-2004-article-examining-the-possibility-of-a-relationship-between-mmr-vaccine-and-autism/
he is part of the dark underbelly ct as well?
Let us not forget Ben Swann…..
It is interesting that suddenly all these stories (see above) questioning vaccine safety are appearing in ever more main stream publications.
Can you explain the role of vaccines in the precipitous drop in typhus, tuberculosis, bubonic plague, and cholera over the past 150 years?
Dec 05 · 01:17:35 PM
This is how it always works: you show up mewling “what’s wrong with asking questions” and work your way up to full blown anti-vaxxer scummbag.
Fortunately, with respect to the dead threading mentioned above, you are so stupid and despised for your murderous antics that you have to hide like a cockroach and creep around in the shadows to spread your poison.
Dec 05 · 02:39:37 PM
ummmm, I’m not anti vaccine, are you? Daily Kos is anti vaccine because they published this, is that your reasoning? So bitch at them, not me. The author has a very respectable science back round and he makes some excellent points. So what’s the problem? Why the nasty language? My normal disqus name is john Mayer, I had to add the 2 to get on this site. Why don’t you calm down and address the data the article (still up!) presents. How, why and where is it wrong?
Dec 05 · 03:59:37 PM
Who do you think you are fooling? This is an open comment thread, anyone who comes by here can look to the top of this very page and see you chucking out standard brand anti-vaxxer talking points — you know, the ones that you guys keeping trotting out again and again despite their having been debunked repeatedly and definitively and from multiple perspectives. Vaccines do not cause autism, end of story. Your persistence might otherwise be admirable if you could find a worthy outlet, but as it is you are simply spreading death and disease and suffering with your lies.
Dec 05 · 04:09:38 PM
and that is exactly the point. at last we agree on something. you have yet to refute, or even try, any single point the author makes. calling me names might make you feel better but it does not answer what the guy wrote. so I will quit responding to you unless you pick on me or until you come up with something that addresses the article (still up there! amazing! that Daily Koz has gone all anti vaccine on us! what an unusual turn of events!)
Dec 05 · 04:33:22 PM
Insta-bojo. At least our community appears to be developing immunity against this kind of woo.
Dec 05 · 05:28:17 PM
Unfortunately, not as long as this one is here: http://www.dailykos.com/user/Twyla
74 comments, all anti-vax CT, and uprates of her anti-vax Bojo buds John Meyer2 and Isolabella.
Dec 05 · 10:51:28 PM
Oh joy, anti-vaxxers returned.
Dec 05 · 06:35:27 PM
With a fresh flock of socks.
Dec 05 · 07:41:04 PM
Like this one: www.dailykos.com/…